- Skills Training
- Basic Lead Welding & Bossing Course
Add lead welding and bossing to your skills set!
Looking to add to your Skills set?
The Scottish Lime Centre Trust are delighted to host this 5 Day Basic Lead Welding & Bossing Course Accredited City & Guilds Lead Sheet Training Academy
This course aims to train a person in the skills and knowledge needed to achieve the standards of competence to safely produce lead roofing components by the bossing and welding techniques and will be run by a qualified staff member of the Lead Sheet Association.
Normally £895+VAT, thanks to generous funding through the Inverkeithing heritage Regeneration project, this course is being offered at only £500+ VAT per person.
The Inverkeithing Heritage Regeneration project is being delivered by Fife Historic Buildings Trust, on behalf of Fife Council , with additional funding from Historic Environment Scotland and the National Lottery Heritage Fund. The project aims to increase opportunities for traditional skills training in Fife, to benefit its rich heritage.
A The student shall demonstrate the successful safe production of lead roofing components by the bossing and welding process.
B From the experienced gained in A, the student will, through practical and oral assessment, demonstrate a competence in the bossing process.
The training programme:
The course will run over 5 days Monday @ 8.45am-4.30pm and Tuesday to Friday from 9.00am to 4.30pm, 7 hours each day, excluding lunch breaks.
Training methods used:
- Practical training
- Group Discussion
- Achievement will be measured by a practical test of the trainee’s ability to manufacture sheet lead components.
- The trainee will be questioned to verify their understanding of the related knowledge necessary to Safely and Satisfactory undertake lead bossing and welding.
Terms and Condition:
- Tuition is NON refundable; No refund Policy on your portion of the fees – If attendee is unable to attend, they can send another person in their place
- All tools and materials will be provided;
- Bring your own packed lunch!
Contact me when a new date is scheduled
27th May 2021 - 25th November 2021
07th November 2019 - 16th February 2022
06th August 2021 - 18th February 2022
02nd July 2021 - 4th February 2022