- Skills Training
- Introduction to Stonemasonry
This two-day practical course is suitable for all abilities and covers an introduction to tools, techniques and uses of basic stonemasonry.
Taught by our time served Stonemason, this course will cover introduction to tools, techniques and uses of basic stonemasonry.
Learners can take away their practice stones at the end of the day.
Download a PDF copy of the full course description here
This practical course is aimed at those individuals with little or no experience in cutting and dressing natural stone.
You might be a building contractor working on masonry buildings and structures and just want to learn basic masonry skills for stone or you might be a time-served or semi-skilled operative who needs to add to his skills set and be able to tackle more complicated masonry repairs.
We are always happy to help learners choose the right course so please contact us if you would like to discuss which course is suitable for you or your employees.
- How to take a stone out of ‘twist’ to true level and plumb
- Put a true flat surface on a slab of stone
- Effect different tooled surfaces, eg stugged, broached, droved and rock faced finishes
- Health and safety – including use of ‘Airstream’ hoods to minimize inhalation of airborne crystalline silica
- Introduction to the tools used to cut and dress natural sandstone blocks
- Taking a stone out of ‘twist’ using 4 wooden blocks and 2 squares
- Production of a true flat surface on a block of sandstone
- Production of different surface tooling finishes including:
- taught by our time served Stonemason is suitable for all abilities and covers an introduction to tools, techniques and uses of basic stonemasonry. Learners can take away their practice stones at the end of the day.
Starting on: Feb. 15, 2022 - Book
Starting on: April 12, 2022 - Book
25th November 2021 - 26th May 2022
12th November 2021 - 22nd April 2022