Sash & Case Window Repair for ContractorsBook courses
This course will give you the skills to undertake repairs to traditional timber sash and case windows.
09:00 - 13:00
- Merryhill Training Centre, Fife
£75 + VAT
It is now widely recognised that sash and case windows should be retained in traditional buildings wherever possible and that even the most neglected windows can usually be refurbished by undertaking simple repairs. Join us for this half day course which will allow you to undertake repairs to traditional timber sash and case windows.We will cover a short history of the development of windows before looking at the different components that make up a window and the issues to consider when approaching repairs. Click here to download PDF copy of the course description (41.2 KB)
This course is aimed at joiners or those working within the construction industry who have practical joinery skills. We are always happy to help learners choose the right course. Please contact us if you would like to discuss which course is suitable for you or your employees.
- Ability to identify and address various problems that commonly occur with sash windows.
- Understanding of dismantling and reassembly of windows, replacing ropes, weights, panes and putty.
- Ability to undertake detailed window assessment to allow students to confidently perform a detailed window survey.
- Health and Safety;
- Introduction to Sash Windows;
- Typical Problems & Solutions;
- Undertaking repairs;
- Making and installing replacement components;
- Protection and Appearance;
- Options for improving thermal qualities.
Other sources of funding are also available.
To find out more click here.