Making, Pigmenting & Applying LimewashBook courses
A half day course covering all aspects of making and working with limewashes including how to determine suitable finishes for a range of background types.
19 March 2020
- 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- SLCT Trainers
- £80.00 + VAT
This half day course will cover all aspects of working with limewashes including how to determine suitable finishes for a range of background types. You will gain an understanding of the materials used, the conditions required to produce successful work and the maintenance regimes needed for buildings and structures finished with limewash.
This practical course is aimed at building contractors and those undertaking repair work to masonry structures. We are always happy to help learners choose the right course. Please contact us if you would like to discuss which course is suitable for you or your employees.
- Determination of substrate to assess suitability for application;
- Preparation of backgrounds;
- Preparation of materials;
- Understand pigments and additives;
- Ability to execute limewashing successfully;
- Create a protection and curing regime.
- Approaching and understanding backgrounds and preparing for application;
- Batching and calculating materials required;
- Addition of pigments and additives;
- Application techniques and good site practice;
- Determining the timing required between coats;
- Protection and curing
Other sources of funding are also available.
To find out more click here.
Please note: The Scottish Lime Centre Trust reserves the right to withdraw or modify any course being offered. In the event of a programme being withdrawn, we will try to find suitable alternatives.