Sash and Case Window RepairsBook courses
Don’t rip out your sash and case windows! Come and learn how to carry out your own repairs.
29 February 2020
- 9:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Jonny Daly
- £145.00 + VAT
Don’t rip out your sash and case windows, did you know that in most cases you can undertake simple repairs, retain these period features and ensure the value of your traditional building is not compromised?
This practical course will prove invaluable if you have a property with Sash and Case Windows. We will cover a short history of the development of windows before looking at the different components that make up a window and the issues to consider when approaching repairs.The course will allow attendees to identify and address various problems that commonly occur with sash windows. Topics covered will include window dismantling and reassembly, replacing ropes, weights, panes and putty. Various repair and improvement techniques will also be covered.
This course is aimed at those who own or are responsible for a traditional building and those responsible for maintenance works to buildings such as churches or those considering a renovation or conversion project.
- Understand how sash and case windows work
- Ability to identify problems
- Ability to re-rope a sash
- Ability to replace glazing and putty
- Understand the painting requirements for sash and case windows
- Understand the options for improving the thermal qualities of single glazed windows
Topics covered include
- Introduction to Sash Windows;
- Typical Problems & Solutions;
- Undertaking repairs;
- Making and installing replacement components;
- Protection and Appearance;
- Options for improving thermal qualities.
Other sources of funding are also available.
To find out more click here.
Please note: The Scottish Lime Centre Trust reserves the right to withdraw or modify any course being offered. In the event of a programme being withdrawn, we will try to find suitable alternatives.