Summer Working with LimeBook courses
Our definitive guide to summer working with lime mortars with hints, tips and practical advice to help you cope with what the weather throws at you.
9.30 - 12.30
- Charlestown Workshops, Fife
£75 + vat
Join us for the ultimate guide to summer working with lime! Ours hints, tips and practical advice will enable you to work successfully with lime mortars in high temperatures and with rapid drying effects of both the sun and wind. In fact it’s harder to cool down a building than heat it up!
This course is suitable for anyone in the ‘wet trades’ , owners of traditional buildings and specifiers of lime mortars wanting to ensure the success of using and curing lime mortars successfully in the summer months.
- Learn about the optimum curing conditions for lime mortars and to closely replicate them on site.
- Creating a sensible regime for working in higher temperatures
- Best site practices
- How temperature influences the performance of mortars
- Using additives in mortars
- How to achieve the successful curing of mortars
- Options for protecting and covering work from the elements
The workshop will consist of a mixture of lecture and practical demonstrations.
Other sources of funding are also available.
To find out more click here.
Please note: The Scottish Lime Centre Trust reserves the right to withdraw or modify any course being offered. In the event of a programme being withdrawn, we will try to find suitable alternatives.