SLCT can manage works which include the use of lime mortars for inexperienced clients such a homeowners, fabric committees and the like.
We can take the process from:
- Specifying mortar and work procedures to set the work off in the right direction. It is common for us to be called in after poorly specified work has been carried out to advise on conflict resolution. By engaging SLCT at the outset of a project, problems with specification can be eliminated;
- Obtaining planning permissions or Listed Building Consents;
- Creating a bill of quantities/schedule of rates;
- Issuing tenders;
- Tender evaluation;
- Contract administration including dealing with all trades involved;
- Evaluation of sample panels;
- Onsite quality assurance and evaluation.
As independent building surveyors we can be relied on to put the client’s needs first. Unfortunately at the moment we are only able to offer these services to clients in close proximity to our office. Let us know your circumstances and we can assist with other consultants on a quality assurance basis for further afield projects.