[Entries now closed] Job Vacancy - Stonemason Principal Trainer
We have an excellent opportunity for a time served stonemason to join our busy team to deliver our range of 'hands on' courses as well as work alongside the Building Advisory team.
Outline of Job Description:
- Delivery of Scottish Lime Centre Trust’s (SLCT) busy timetabled programme of practical training ‘hands-on’ courses related to the construction and repair of traditional masonry buildings to a wide range of learners from time served tradesmen, homeowners and school children in an engaging manner (see www.scotlime.org for details of scope of courses);
- Delivery of SLCT’s busy commissioned practical ‘hands-on ’training courses related to the construction and repair of traditional masonry buildings for individual, commercial and heritage project clients both on and off site in an engaging manner;
- Ensure that SLCT’s training facilities, plant, equipment and tools are kept in clean, safe and good working order;
- Undertake specific site visits, inspections and quality assurance checks with SLCT Building Advisory Service staff and produce reports jointly;
- Keep your skills refreshed and add to them by undertaking continuing professional development opportunities as identified by you and the SLCT Director;
- Develop new courses with the input of the SLCT Director and Building Advisory Service staff;
- Undertake risk assessments for new courses, plant, machinery and equipment as required;
- Manage one staff member (Training Assistant);
- Other duties as required by the SLCT Director.
Time served Stonemason with Advanced Craft qualification;
- Qualification in masonry conservation, eg NPA, SQA National Units or equivalent;
- Full UK driving licence;
- Ability to pass on your skills and knowledge to a wide audience range;
- Practically orientated and organized individual able to manage their own workload and work as part of a team;
- First Aider at work qualification (or be working towards it);
- CSCS Gold card holder for advanced craft/ supervisor level (or be working towards it);
- Good time keeper with neat and tidy appearance;
- Good customer service skills.
The Scottish Lime Centre Trust (SLCT) is a small organisation dedicated to the conservation and repair of the historic built environment using the most appropriate materials and techniques.
The Scottish Lime Centre Trust (SLCT) is an equal opportunities employer.
This is a full time, permanent position and the working week is 37.5 hours, working away from home and at weekends will be required from time to time.
28 days Annual Leave (including bank/public holidays).
The SLCT operates a pension scheme through the National Employment Savings Trust (NEST).
Full support, guidance and training will be given to the successful candidate to ensure that the practical training delivery meets the exacting standards of the SLCT.
££ Salary ££
This is a salaried full time position for 37.5 hours of hard graft and fun too!
Salary is commensurate with experience, but the more you can bring to the organisations’ aims and objectives, the more you can earn.
Want to know more?
Please send in your CV with a covering letter to Roz Artis, MRICS, SLCT Director by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, 9 March 2018. Interviews will be held the week commencing 19 March, 2018 at Charlestown Workshops, 2 Rocks Road, Charlestown, Fife, KY11 3EN.