Repair and Maintenance of Masonry Arch BridgesBook courses
This masterclass looks at all aspects of masonry arch bridge construction and the materials utilized to determine the most appropriate repair schemes.
- 9:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- SLCT tutors and qualified assessors
This one day masterclass looks at all aspects of masonry arch bridge construction and the materials utilized to determine the most appropriate repair schemes. It is suitable for building professionals, contractors, engineers and others involved in heritage work.
- How arches and vaults work
- Stone arches - defects and remedies
- Specifying mortars & replacement stone for masonry arch repairs
- Analysing complex arching structures
- Masonry arches supporting public roads - case studies from Sligo County Council
- Masonry arch and parapet strengthening using Helibar
- From Bridges to buildings - Appraisal of arch construction
- The challenges of repairing Cumbrian bridges
Other sources of funding are also available.
To find out more click here.
Please note: The Scottish Lime Centre Trust reserves the right to withdraw or modify any course being offered. In the event of a programme being withdrawn, we will try to find suitable alternatives.