Dry Stone WallingBook courses
Learn the basics of dry stone walling to enable you to undertake your own projects.
02 March 2019
- 9:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- SLCT Trainers
- £140.00 + VAT
Have you always wanted to try drystone walling? Would you like to add to your skills set? Why not join us for this one day workshop aimed at those who would like to learn the basics of dry stone walling to be able to undertake their own projects. During the course you will construct a new drystone wall and also gain the techniques needed to repair existing structures.
The nature of this course requires a good level of physical fitness.
We are always happy to help learners choose the right course. Please contact us if you would like to discuss which course is suitable for you or your employees.
- Sorting out - stone is sorted into size and shapes for reconstruction;
- Setting out - set frames and string lines for correct dimensions prior to reconstruction;
- Footings - organise and set footings is the first stage;
- First lift - building stones are placed on top of footings up to knee height;
- Through stones - placement to bond the wall together;
- Second lift - smaller stones are used to the finished height of the wall;
- Coping stones - both sides of the wall bonded together to give protection with a good finish.
Other sources of funding are also available.
To find out more click here.
Please note: The Scottish Lime Centre Trust reserves the right to withdraw or modify any course being offered. In the event of a programme being withdrawn, we will try to find suitable alternatives.