Grouting & Masonry ConsolidationBook courses
This course will enable you to choose the right materials and prepare and apply lime based grouts for a variety of situations.
Please contact us to express interest.
09:00 - 13:00
- Charlestown Workshops, Fife
£75 + VAT
This course will enable you to choose the right materials and prepare and use lime based grouts for a variety of situations including flat ashlar work, cornices, pinnacles and string courses. The consolidation of ruins and wall cores will also be covered. Click here to download PDF copy of the course description (40.9 KB)
This practical course is aimed at building contractors and those undertaking repair work to masonry structures. Good tool skills are required. We are always happy to help learners choose the right course. Please contact us if you would like to discuss which course is suitable for you or your employees.
Evaluate buildings or structures to determine suitability for grouting and consolidation.
Determine binder types, mix ratios and sequencing of works.
Execute grouting works successfully.
- Determining suitability for grouting projects;
- Calculation of materials required considering scale of works;
- Scheduling and sequencing of works;
- Mixing regimes - considering the effect of temperature, lime binders and additives;
- Consideration of the range of systems - pump and gravity fed;
- Protection and curing of work.